Based in Boston, MA
PC and Mac
Pixel Puzzle Makeout League is a hybrid visual novel and puzzle game themed around romance, comedy and superheroes. As “Pixel Girl”, you’ll use the power of "pixel puzzles"—where you fill in numbered grids to reveal hidden pictures (also known as picross or nonograms)—to solve life’s problems, romance your fellow puzzle-themed superheroes, and maybe even save the day! Will you find true love in the Puzzle League, or will the mysterious Villain third wheel you with his doomsday plot? It’s an adventure for players who love puzzles, and want to *love* puzzles...seriously, you can date a giant puzzle piece.
The Pixel Puzzle Makeout League team is excited to create an offbeat and unique adventure. Our director (James Johnston) and programmer (Brett Davis) have collaborated on previous projects like “Sweetheart Safari”, an animal-themed dating sim, and “Thief Town”, a local multiplayer-only game that gets back to the co-op couch fun of our childhoods. Our musician (James Henry MacDonald) and artist (Anabel Alvarado) are a husband-and-wife team who are learning to work together on the same collaborative project, after creating cyberpunk music and horror animations, respectively. Our writer (Lexie Oberwetter) comes from a television background and wants to push the boundaries of queer romance and comedy in interactive fiction. Finally, our pixel artist (Kyle Bunk) has an unstoppable work drive, creating pixel fan art of his favorite games while working full-time as an animator.
- Dating sim meets puzzle game in this comedy/romance superhero adventure
- Join and date the Puzzle League: a group of 4 superheroes based on crossword, sudoku, chess and jigsaw puzzles
- Plenty of pixel puzzles to solve, both during the adventure and in free play mode
- An overarching supernatural plot that weaves in multiple dates with every character
- Exotic date locations: a coffee shop, the library, mountain climbing and maybe the center of the earth?!
- Twists, turns, thrills, chills, puzzle fun, and puzzle puns! It's not over until the ending!
- DATE A GIANT PUZZLE PIECE
Gameplay Teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "I never thought Picross could bring me such joy."
- Julia Couture, Indie Games Plus
- "[Pixel Puzzle Makeout League] is an unexpectedly funny affair."
- Gita Jackson, Kotaku
About Rude Ghost
Rude Ghost is a haunted game development studio from Boston, MA. We make new games for rude teens.
More information on Rude Ghost, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Pixel Puzzle Makeout League Credits